01-22-2013 Regular School Board Meeting
Agenda Item #35


Title
E-Rate Funding Year 15 (2012-2013) Request for Services

Discussion
The School Board of Brevard County approved filing for E-Rate discounts for Funding Year 15 (July 1, 2012- June 30, 2013) on March 13, 2012 (Agenda item F-36).  The Resolution identifies the annual pre-discount services estimates less a 63% discount and commits the District to funding the remaining 37%.

The attached Resolution summarizes filed FCC Form 856073 by FRN (Funding Requirement Number), Service, Service Provider, Pre-Discount amount and the District's share of the funding (BCSD Share).  On December 12, 2012, the USAC Schools and Library Division (SLD) committed application funding for eight priority one services.  The resolution supports budgeting documentation that will be submitted to USAC as part of the compliance process.


Recommendation
Approved Resolution for filing E-Rate in accordance for FCC guidelines and having available funds for the Funding Year 15 (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013).

Authorize the Board Chairman and Superintendent to sign the approved Resolution for submission to Universal Service administrative Company (USAC).


Meeting Date(s)
Information - 3/13/2012
Consent after Information1/22/2013

Authority for Action
FS 1001.42

Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
No

Source of Funding
Operating - Categorical

FY
Amount
Budgeted
Fund
Cost Center
Project
Function
Object
Program
2013$514,926.00YES100XXXX001002790037X000
2013$919,475.00YES100XXXX0011636500378000
2013$153,600.00YES100XXXX0011636500378000
2013$183,000.00YES100XXXX 001002790037X000
2013$161,000.00YES100XXXX0011635100365000

Contact
Tom Fitzgerald, District Network Engineer, Technology Coordinator

Gino Butto, Assistant Superintendent, Educational Technology



Attachment:  Brevard_FY15 SR_board budget resolution.pdf