Agenda Item #49
Facilities Services Job Descriptions - Bargaining Unit Positions
Facilities services is proposing the following bargaining unit job description changes as described:
1. Custodial Coordinator - This job description is being revised to more accurately reflect the current job duties; no change to pay grade is proposed.
2. Electronics Technician I / II / III - The job descriptions for Intercom Repair Mechanic I/II/III and Fire Alarm Repair Mechanic I/II/III are being eliminated and a new job description is being created for the repair of all low-voltage systems to increase flexibility and productivity. Pay grade is changed from Bargaining Grades 25/26/27 to Bargaining Grades 27/28/29 respectively.
3. Facilities Fund Accountant - Because Capital Funds for the Facilities Services Division are currently managed by a Project Administrative Specialist II, whose primary job duties are structured for the administration of construction projects, a new job description is required. Pay grade is being changed from Bargaining Grade 26 to Professional/Technical Hourly Grade LL.
4. Facilities Planner - This job description is being revised to incorporate a requirement for knowledge of new technology; no change to pay grade is proposed.
5. Training Custodian - This job description is being revised to reflect the actual job duties of the position; pay grade is changed from Professional/Technical Hourly Grade GG to Professional/Technical Hourly Grade HH. One vacant Training Custodian position will be eliminated, with a portion of the savings used to fund the expected increase of $5,429 for the remaining five Training Custodians.
6. Grounds Maintenance Technician - Grounds maintenance, previously performed by school-based custodians as on of their performance responsibilities, was centralized to Facilities Services, utilizing seventeen custodians for grounds maintenance duties only. The change, coupled with a revised custodial allocation formula, resulted in an annual savings of $284,000 beginning in FY2014. This job description is being created to reflect the actual job duties of the new position. Savings is expected to be reduced by $6,744 annually with the conversion of the 17 custodial positions from Bargaining Grade 15 to Bargaining Grade 16 due to the requirement to be licensed in Lawn/Ornamental Herbicide Application.
Recommend approval of the proposed changes to bargaining unit job descriptions for Facilities Services.
Information - 2/10/2015
Consent after Information2/24/2015
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Rick Morton, Systems Analyst Jr. - Human Resources Services, ext. 253
Debra Pace, Associate Superintendent - Human Resources Services, ext. 200
Attachment: Grounds Maint Tech.pdf
Attachment: Training Custodian.pdf
Attachment: Facilities Fund Accountant.pdf
Attachment: Coordinator - Custodial.pdf
Attachment: Facilities Planner.pdf