Agenda Item #33
The attached list represents the following:
1. Surplus - represents items returned by the Principal or Department Head to the Surplus Department for disposition.
2. Traded In - represents items delivered to a vendor in exchange for credit towards purchase of new or replacement item.
3. Stolen or Vandalized - represents items for which an incident was reported by a school or department and a police report or incident report was obtained in Accounting Services as proof of removal.
4. Renovation, Replacement, or Disaster Cleanup - represents items appropriately removed by district maintenance or a contracted vendor at a work site. If removed by a vendor, the work site would receive an invoice from the vendor; if removed by maintenance, a worker would provide details as proof of removal.
5. Aged or Obsolete Items - represents items that are either broken, nonfunctional, or provide no economic benefit or usefulness to teh district.
6. Missing/Un-Locatable Items - represents items that could not be located within a reasonable period of time during the school/department annual physical inventory. Items must be un-locatable for two consecutive annual physical inventory counts.
Justification Forms and Attest Letters from the individual sites are attached for any property item that 1) Is less than 5 years old at the time of disposition, or 2) Has an original cost of $5,000 or more, or 3) Has not yet met its life cycle.
Authorize the retirement and removal of assets on the attached list, as prescribed by District procedures, Board Policy, and Florida Statutes.
Information - 2/14/2017
Consent after Information2/28/2017
Authority for Action
Board Policy #7310, Florida Statutes 274.05 and 274.06
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Camille Hooper, Accounting Manager, ext. 663
Jo Ann Clark, Director of Accounting Services, ext. 660
Pennie L. Zuercher, Chief Financial Officer, ext. 600
Attachment: Board Report - 02-14-2017.pdf
Attachment: Board Report Letters 02-14-2017.pdf