Agenda Item #21
Facilities Services Job Descriptions - Bargaining Unit Positions
Facilities services is proposing the following bargaining unit job description changes as described:
1. Custodial Coordinator - This job description is being revised to more accurately reflect the current job duties; no change to pay grade is proposed.
2. Electronics Technician I / II / III - The job descriptions for Intercom Repair Mechanic I/II/III and Fire Alarm Repair Mechanic I/II/III are being eliminated and a new job description is being created for the repair of all low-voltage systems to increase flexibility and productivity. Pay grade is changed from Bargaining Grades 25/26/27 to Bargaining Grades 27/28/29 respectively.
3. Environmental Specialist - This job description is being revised to more accurately reflect the current job duties; no change to pay grade is proposed.
4. Facilities Fund Accountant - Because Capital Funds for the Facilities Services Division are currently managed by a Project Administrative Specialist II, whose primary job duties are structured for the administration of construction projects, a new job description is required. Pay grade is being changed from Bargaining Grade 26 to Professional/Technical Hourly Grade LL.
5. Training Custodian - The job description is being revised to incorporate both lawn/ornamental and structural pesticide application licensure. A pay grade increase from GG to HH is sought in consideration of the increased duties and licensure requirement.
6. Grounds Maintenance Technician - This job description is being revised to incorporate lawn and ornamental herbicide application licensure. A pay grade increase from IUPAT 15 to IUPAT 16 is sought in consideration of the increased duties and licensure requirement.
Recommend approval of the proposed changes to bargaining unit job descriptions for Facilities Services.
Information - 2/10/2015
Consent after Information2/24/2015
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Rick Morton, Systems Analyst Jr. - Human Resources Services, ext. 253
Debra Pace, Associate Superintendent - Human Resources Services, ext. 200
Attachment: Grounds Maint Tech.pdf
Attachment: Facilities Fund Accountant.pdf
Attachment: Training Custodian.pdf