Agenda Item #20
Job Descriptions - Facilities Services
Forty (40) job descriptions in the Plant Operations & Maintenance Department are being revised to incorporate the following changes:
1. “Ability to process work orders electronically” has been added to the Knowledge, Skills & Abilities section for all job descriptions since all Work Orders are processed via TeamWorks (the Computerized Maintenance Management System) on tablet devices.
2. "CDL Class B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsement" has been deleted as a Qualification for all job descriptions except Equipment Operators since we are no longer providing services via the “school of the day” system which required the flexibility for all craftsmen to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
3. “Provide on-call services pursuant to the on-call schedule” has been added to the Performance Responsibilities section of nine (9) job descriptions to ensure that qualified tradesmen will be available to respond to after-hours facilities emergencies.
4. Experience required in the Qualifications section of several job descriptions has been revised to reflect currently available credentials and/or training programs, and match market experience for candidates at the current pay rates.
5. The Title, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, and Performance Responsibilities sections of the existing Facilities Maintenance Technician job description have been revised to more accurately reflect the current job of the multi-craft tradesmen in Plant Operations & Maintenance and reflect the job of the recently created construction team of multi-craft tradesmen in Planning & Project Management.
No changes are being made to the Pay Grade of any Job Description. Compensation for On-Call duty is funded by the Facilities Services Reorganization approved by the Board for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
All Job Description revisions have been reviewed and approved by the IUPAT Local Union 1010.
Recommend approval of the proposed job description changes contained herein for the Facilities Services department.
Information - 4/12/2016
Consent after Information4/26/2016
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Rick Morton, Systems Analyst I - Human Resources Services, ext. 253.
Dr. Jane Respess, Interim Associate Superintendent - Human Resources Services, ext. 240.
Attachment: Gas Repair III.pdf
Attachment: Carpenter III.pdf
Attachment: Electrican III.pdf
Attachment: Locksmith III.pdf
Attachment: Mason III.pdf
Attachment: Roofer I.pdf
Attachment: Plumber IV.pdf
Attachment: Electrican IV.pdf
Attachment: Facilities Tech.pdf
Attachment: Painter I.pdf
Attachment: Mason II.pdf
Attachment: Plumber I.pdf
Attachment: Gas Repair II.pdf
Attachment: Power Tool Mechanic.pdf
Attachment: Electrician I.pdf
Attachment: Carpenter II.pdf
Attachment: Electrican II.pdf
Attachment: HVAC Mech III.pdf
Attachment: Floor Covering II.pdf
Attachment: Floor Covering III.pdf
Attachment: Plumber II.pdf
Attachment: Carpenter I.pdf
Attachment: Floor Covering I.pdf
Attachment: Equipment Op I.pdf
Attachment: Gas Repair I.pdf
Attachment: Locksmith II.pdf
Attachment: HVAC Mech IV.pdf
Attachment: Painter II.pdf
Attachment: Painter III.pdf
Attachment: HVAC Mech II.pdf
Attachment: Plumber III.pdf
Attachment: Roofer II.pdf
Attachment: Roofer III.pdf
Attachment: HVAC Mech I.pdf
Attachment: Mason I.pdf
Attachment: Locksmith I.pdf