05-25-2010 Special School Board Meeting
Agenda Item #42


Title
Resolution for FCC Compliance and Availability of Funds for E-Rate Funding Year 13 (2010-2011)

Discussion

The School Board of Brevard County approved filing for E-Rate discounts for Funding Year 13 (July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011) on December 08, 2009 (Agenda item F-29).  The Resolution identifies the annual pre-discount services estimates, less a 59% discount and commits the District to funding the remaining 41%.

The attached Resolution summarizes filed FCC Form 739525 by FRN (Funding Requirement Number), Service, Service Provider, Pre-Discount amount, and the District's share of the funding (BCSD Share).  The Resolution supports budgeting documentation that will be submitted to USAC as part of the compliance process.



Recommendation

Approve Resolution for Filing E-Rate in accordance to FCC guidelines and having available funds for the Funding Year 13 (July 1, 2010 -June 30, 2011).

Authorize the Board Chairman and Superintendent to sign the approved Resolution for submission to Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).



Meeting Date(s)
Information - 5/11/2010
Consent after Information5/25/2010

Authority for Action
F.S. 1001.42

Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
No

Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds

FY
Amount
Budgeted
Fund
Cost Center
Project
Function
Object
Program

Contact

Thomas E. Fitzgerald, Network Engineer, District Coord., ext. 760

Stephen B. Muzzy, Assist. Superintendent, ext. 700

Dr. Brian T. Binggeli, Superinendent, ext. 402




Attachment:  Resolution of the Board of Trustee.pdf