|05-27-2008 Special School Board Meeting|
Agenda Item #7
Brevard Cultural Alliance Recognition of Participants in the Artist Residency Program for School Year 2007-2008
Brevard Cultural Alliance officially concluded its Artist Residency Program for school year 2007-2008. This initiative provided 14 Brevard County Public Schools with the experience of integrating the instruction of a professional artist into the classroom, in order to enrich existing educational arts programs and curriculum as a result of a collaborative work with visual arts and music teachers.
Brevard Cultural Alliance would like to recognize all the teachers and artists that made this program a complete success on each school setting:
- Bayside High School; visual artist, Susan P. Kessler and visual arts teacher, Cheryl Wiley,
- Central Middle School; visual artist, Lou Ann Weeks and visual arts teachers,Cindy Novak and Karla Stork.
- Coquina Elementary; visual artist ,Jennifer Betz and visual arts teacher, Ingrid Holmes.
- Freedom 7 Elementary; dancer/choreographer, Marty Eyster and assistant principal, Rick Sheppard.
- Gardendale Elementary; visual artist, Arthur Dawson and visual arts teacher, Tricia Audet-Henderson.
- Mims Elementary; visual artist, Yvette Whitmore and visual arts teacher, Tasha Stringle .
- Roosevelt Elementary; visual artist, Vernon Mattioli and visual arts teacher, Dicque Walz.
- Roy Allen Elementary; visual artist, Suzanne Blanks and visual arts teacher, Hailey Clark.
- Saturn Elementary; visual artist, Linda S. Noble and visual arts teacher, Kevin Cook.
- Sherwood Elementary; visual artist, Linda Geiger and visual arts teacher, Christine Alvar.
- Sunrise Elementary; visual artist, Susan P. Kessler and visual arts teacher, Sherri Snow.
- University Park Elementary; percussionist, Ed Eliason and music teacher, Barbara Ashbury.
- Westside Elementary; visual artist, Mike Bryan and visual arts teacher, Carlin Campbell-Ceasar.
On its 20th edition, the Artist Residency Program was sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Division of Cutural Affairs, Brevard County Board of County Commissioners, Brevard Public Schools and Community Foundation of Brevard.
Recognize the participants in the Brevard Cultural Alliances Artist Residency Program.
Resolution / Presentation - 5/27/2008
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Jackie Joy, Administrative Assistant to the School Board x412