Agenda Item #36
Johnson Controls Performance Contract-Budget Reduction
Brevard County Public Schools entered into a contract with Johnson Control to complete facility improvements and upgrades funded by guaranteed energy savings in FY 2000/2001. Due to FY08/09 capital budget shortfalls, Facilities Services has successfully negotiated with JCI to reduce their original scope and complete only the following:
· Annual Preventative maintenance on 30 chillers
· Complete labor and materials service and repair on 10 ice storage plants and associated equipment
· Provide labor to continue indoor air quality improvements by coiling cleaning District wide
· Provide training for in-house staff during preventative maintenance visits
· Continue to provide energy conservation training and support District wide
Remaining scope of work previously deleted from the contract will be completed by existing school district mechanics for FY08/09.
A copy of the contract amendment will be provided to the Board before 6/17/08.
Reduce the scope of work in the Performance Contract with Johnson Controls that expires June 30, 2009, for FY 2008/2009 that will result in a $1,000,000 reduction for year 7 of the original contract.
Consent w/o Information - 6/17/2008
Authority for Action
Anticipated Budget Reduction for FY08/09
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Attachment: Johnson Controls Contract 6.17.08.pdf