|09-09-2014 Regular School Board Meeting|
Agenda Item #30
2014/15 - 2018/19 District Facilities Work Program
The 2014/15 - 2018/19 District Facilities Work Program, often referred to as the Five-Year Plan, provides the Florida Legislature with detailed data regarding the School District's projected sources of capital funds and proposed uses of those capital funds for the next five years. It also provides projected Capital Outlay Full Time Equivalents (COFTE), student capacity and capital funding requirements for the Ten-Year Long Range Plan and Twenty-Year Long Range Plan.
- Per Florida statute, the Work Program must be updated and submitted to the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) by October 1 of each year.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Public School Facility Planning and School Concurrency, the Work Program must be submitted to the Capital Outlay Committee (COC) for review by September 1 each year.
- Per Florida statute, the Work Program is adopted by reference into the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element (ICE) of all (non-exempt) local governments' Comprehensive Plans.
- A project may be included in the Work Program without being included in the current approved Educational Plant Survey if local funds (sales surtax, impact fees, etc.) are used to finance the project.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Educational Facilities Impact Fees, a project must be included in the Work Program to qualify for the use of Educational Facilities Impact Fees.
- The first year of the Work Program is based on the School District's budget for FY2014-15, approved on September 4, 2014. The second through fifth years are based on the Capital Funding Plan provided by Financial Services, dated August 22, 2014.
- Program Guide
- 2014-15 to 2018-19 District Facilities Work Program
Authorize the Superintendent to approve and submit the Brevard County School District Facilities Work Program for 2014/15 - 2018/19 to the Florida Department of Education as required by 1013.35 F.S.
Information - 9/9/2014
Consent after Information9/23/2014
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Dane Theodore, Assistant Superintendent, Facilities Services 633-1000 x450
Attachment: Program Guide.pdf
Attachment: 2014-15 to 2018-19 District Facilities Work Program.pdf