Agenda Item #22
2012/13 - 2016/17 District Facilities Work Program
The 2012/13 - 2016/17 District Facilities Work Program, often referred to as the 5-Year Plan, provides the Florida Legislature with detailed data regarding the School District's projected sources of capital funds and proposed uses of capital funds for the next five years. It also provides projected Capital Outlay Full Time Equivalents (COFTE), student capacity and capital funding requirements for Ten-Year Long Range Plan and Twenty-Year Long Range Plan.
1. Per Florida Statute, the Work Program must be updated and submitted to the Florida Department of Education by October 1 of each year for approval.
2. Per our Interlocal Agreement for Public School Facility Planning and School Concurrency, the Work Program must be submitted to the Capital Outlay Committee (COC) for review. The COC received a draft of the Work Program on 8/31/12. All comments received from the OCO will be forwarded to the Board prior to the 9/25/12 School Board meeting.
3. Per Florida Statute, the Work Program is adopted by reference into the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element of all (non-exempt) local government's Comprehensive Plans.
4. A project may be included in the Work Program without being included in the current approved Educational Plant Survey if local funds (sales tax, impact fees, etc.) are used to finance the project.
5. Per our Interlocal Agreement for Educational Facilities Impact Fees, a project must be included in the Work Program to qualify for the use of Educational Facilities Impact Fees.
6. The first year of the Work Program is based on the School District's budget for FY2012/13, approved on 9/06/12. The second through the fifth years are based on the Capital Funding Plan - Scenario #6, provided by the Office of Financial Services.
7. The Work Program has been reviewed and approved by the Assistant Superintendent for Facilities Services and Associate Superintendent for Financial Services (Chief Financial Officer).
Authorize the Superintendent to approve and submit the Brevard County School District Facilities Work Program for 2012/13 - 2016/17 to the Florida Department of Education as required by 1013.35 F.S.
Information - 9/11/2012
Consent after Information9/25/2012
Authority for Action
1001.42 F.S., 1013.35 F.S.
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Ken Klindt, Director, Planning & Project Management 633-1000 x446
Attachment: Program Guide.pdf
Attachment: Work Plan District Report.pdf