Agenda Item #30
Tentative Facilities Work Program for 2008/09 - 2012/13
The Tentative Facilities Work Program (Program), often referred to as the "5-Year Plan", provides the Legislature with detailed data regarding the School District's sources of capital funds, proposed uses of capital funds and unfunded capital needs for the next five years. It also provides projected student capacity and capital funding requirements for a Ten (10) Year Long Range Plan and a Twenty (20) Year Long Range Plan. The Program is attached for review. A companion document titled Program Rationale and Notes is attached to assist with the review.
1) By statute, the Program must be updated and submitted to the Florida Department of Education by October 1 of each year for approval.
2) Per our Interlocal Agreement for Public School Facility Planning and School Concurrency, a draft of the Program must be submitted to the Capital Outlay Committee (COC) for review by August 1 of each year. Note that the COC met on 8/13/08 to discuss the draft Program; the draft was recommended for approval unanimously. Minutes of the COC meeting are attached for reference.
3) The Program is adopted by reference into the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element of their Comprehensive Plan by all non-exempt local governments, as required by the statutes related to School Concurrency.
4) A project may be included in the Program without being included in the currently approved Educational Plant Survey if local funds (Sales Tax, Impact Fees, donations, etc.) are used to finance the project.
5) Per our Interlocal Agreement for Educational Facilities Impact Fees, a project must be included in the Program to qualify for the use of Educational Facilities Impact Fees.
6) The first year of the Program is based on the School District's budget for FY2008-09, approved on 9/4/08. The second through fifth years are based on the "Projected Capital Revenue - Sources and Uses" document dated 8/25/08, provided by the Office of Financial Services. Attachment: Projected Capital Revenue - Sources and Uses, dated 8/25/08.
Authorize the Superintendent to approve and submit the Brevard County School District's Tentative Facilities Work Program for 2008/09 - 2012/13 to the Florida Department of Education as required by 1013.35 F.S.
Information - 9/9/2008
Consent after Information9/23/2008
Authority for Action
1001.42 F.S., 1013.35 F.S.
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Dane Theodore x657
Attachment: 10 Year CPF Plan FY 09-at 0%Gowth-1 75 mill--9-23-08.pdf
Attachment: 080813_COC Mtg Minutes.pdf
Attachment: 080923_Work_Plan_District_Report with PlanRationale.pdf