|09-24-2013 Special School Board Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
2013/14 - 2017/18 District Facilities Work Program
The 2013/14 - 2017/18 District Facilities Work Program, often referred to as the Five-Year Plan, provides the Florida Legislature with detailed data regarding the School District's projected sources of capital funds and proposed uses of those capital funds for the next five years. It also provides projected Capital Outlay Full Time Equivalents (COFTE), student capacity and capital funding requirements for the Ten-Year Long Range Plan and Twenty-Year Long Range Plan.
- Per Florida statute, the Work Program must be updated and submitted to the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) by October 1 of each year.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Public School Facility Planning and School Concurrency, the Work Program must be submitted to the Capital Outlay Committee (COC) for review. The COC received a draft of the Work Program on 8/30/13.
- Per Florida statute, the Work Program is adopted by reference into the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element of all (non-exempt) local governments' Comprehensive Plans.
- A project may be included in the Work Program without being included in the current approved Educational Plant Survey if local funds (sales tax, impact fees, etc.) are used to finance the project.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Educational Facilities Impact Fees, a project must be included in the Work Program to qualify for the use of Educational Facilities Impact Fees.
- The first year of the Work Program is based on the School District's budget for FY2013/14, approved on September 5, 2013. The second through the fifth years are based on the Capital Funding Plan provided by Financial Services.
- 2013/14 - 2017/18 District Facilities Work Program
- Program Guide
Authorize the Superintendent to approve and submit the Brevard County School District Facilities Work Program for 2013/14 - 2017/18 to the Florida Department of Education as required by 1013.35 F.S.
Information - 9/10/2013
Consent after Information9/24/2013
Authority for Action
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Dane Theodore, Assistant Superintendent, Facilities Services 633-1000 x450
Attachment: Program Guide 130830.pdf
Attachment: Work Plan District Report 130912.pdf