|09-28-2010 Special School Board Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
2010/11 - 2014/15 District Facilities Work Program
The 2010/11 - 2014/15 District Facilities Work Program, often referred to as the 5-Year Plan, provides the Florida Legislature with detailed data regarding the School District's projected sources of capital funds and proposed uses of capital funds for the next five years. It also provides projected Capital Outlay Full Time Equivalents (COFTE), student capacity and capital funding requirements for a Ten-Year Long Range Plan and a Twenty-Year Long Range Plan.
- Per Florida Statute, the Work Program must be updated and submitted to the Florida Department of Education by October 1 of each year for approval.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Public School Facility Planning and School Concurrency, the Work Program must be submitted to the Capital Outlay Committee (COC) for review. The COC will receive a draft of the Work Program on 9/1/10. All comments received from the COC will be forwarded to the Board prior to the 9/28/10 School Board meeting.
- Per Florida Statute, the Work Program is adopted by reference into the annual update of the Capital Improvements Element of all (non-exempt) local government's Comprehensive Plans.
- A project may be included in the Work Program without being included in the currently approved Educational Plant Survey if local funds (sales tax, impact fees, etc.) are used to finance the project.
- Per our Interlocal Agreement for Educational Facilities Impact Fees, a project must be included in the Work Program to qualify for the use of Educational Facilities Impact Fees. Note that this year's Work Program includes 10-classroom additions at Suntree ES and Williams ES in 2013/14 to make this option available.
- The first year of the Work Program is based on the School District's budget for FY2010/11, approved on 9/9/10. The second through the fifth years are based on the Projected Capital Revenue - Sources and Uses document dated 8/12/10, provided by the Office of Financial Services.
- The Work Program has been reviewed and approved by the Assistant Superintendent for Facilities Services and Associate Superintendent for Financial Services (Chief Financial Officer).
Authorize the Superintendent to approve and submit the Brevard County School District's Facilities Work Program for 2010/11 - 2014/15 to the Florida Department of Education as required by 1013.35 F.S.
Information - 9/14/2010
Consent after Information9/28/2010
Authority for Action
1001.42 F.S., 1013.35 F.S.
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Dane Theodore, Director, Planning & Project Management 633-1000 x657
Attachment: Program Guide.pdf
Attachment: 2010-11 - 2014-15 District Facilities Work Program.pdf