Agenda Item #19
Revisions to Policy 6480 - Expenditures
Proposed revisions to further clarify Policy 6480 regarding district expenditures:
1. Amend Item A, Accounts Payable, to read "The payment of purchase orders, contracts, invoices and utilities shall be made in accordance with the approved budget and pursuant to State statutes".
2. Amend Item B, Payroll Procedures, item 1 to read "No payment shall be made except to properly authorized and approved personnel".
3. Amend Item B, Payroll Procedures, item 3 to read "Employees shall be paid on a semi-monthly basis".
4. Amend Item B, Payroll Procedures, item 4 to read "Salary adjustments shall be paid on subsequent payroll periods. Persons terminating shall be paid their salary or wage balance on the regular payroll period following their termination. An extreme exception must be approved by the Superintendent of his/her designated representative in writing".
5. Amend Item B, Payroll Procedures, item 6 to add "except in limited circumstances".
Approve revisions to Policy 6480 - Expenditures as recommended.
Action - 8/23/2016
Authority for Action
F.S. 1001.43, 1001.51, 1012.22; F.A.C. 6A-1.014, 6A-1.057
Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds
Attachment: 6480 - Expenditures Current Policy - No changes.pdf
Attachment: 6480 - Expenditures Updated Policy Track Changes 8-18-16 UPDATED 10-3-16.pdf
Attachment: 6480 - Expenditures Updated Policy Clean Copy 8-18-16 UPDATED 10-3-16.pdf
Attachment: NEOLA Policy Change Sheet UPDATED 10-3-16.pdf
Attachment: NEOLA Policy 6480 Template.pdf