11-17-2015 Organization of the Board and Regular School Board Meeting
Agenda Item #41


Title
SRO's (Andersen & Golfview Elementary Schools)

Discussion
The City of Rockledge Police Department has been awarded a federal grant to place part-time School Resource Officers in Anderson Elementary and Golfview Elementary Schools, three days per week.  The federal government will pay 80% of the officer salary/benefits cost per officer, with the City of Rockledge responsible for the remaining 20% cost. 

The City of Rockledge is prepared to fund 100% of the officer cost for the remainder of SY 2015/2016, and has agreed to place the SRO's at Andersen and Golfview beginning 12/1/2015 at no cost to the District.

The City of Rockledge has asked for funding consideration in SY 2016/2017, SY 2017/2018 and SY 2018/2019 of the 20% salary/benefit cost up to the current reimbursement amount of $31,800 per officer.


Please see attached Agreement.


Recommendation
Approve the SY 2015/2016 Elementary School Resource Officer Agreement that would allow the City of Rockledge Police Department to place part-time SRO's at Andersen and Golfview Elementary schools beginning 12/1/2015.


Meeting Date(s)
Consent after Information - 11/17/2015

Authority for Action
1006.12 F.S.

Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
No

Source of Funding
Agenda Item will not Require the Expenditure of Funds

FY
Amount
Budgeted
Fund
Cost Center
Project
Function
Object
Program

Contact
Lieutenant Mike Scully
Office of District and School Security
(321) 633-1000 x290




Attachment:  2015-2016 SRO Contract (Elementary)(Rockledge PD)(2015-11-15 WITHOUT Edits).pdf