11-20-2012 Organization of the Board with Oath and Regular School Board Meeting
Agenda Item #58


Title
E-Rate Funding Year 14 (2011-2012) Request for Services

Discussion

The School Board of Brevard County approved application filing for E-Rate discounts for Funding Year 14 (July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012) on December 07, 2010 (Agenda item F-30).  The Resolution identifies the annual pre-discount services estimates less a 61% discount and commits the District to funding the remaining 39%.

 

The attached Resolution summarizes filed FCC Form 809732 by FRN (Funding Requirement Number), Service,  Service Provider, Pre-Discount amount and the District's share of the funding (BCSD Share).  On October 03, 2012, the USAC Schools and Library Division (SLD) committed application funding for seven priority one and nine priority two services.  The resolution supports budgeting documentation that will be submitted to USAC as part of the compliance process.



Recommendation

Approve Resolution for filing E-Rate in accordance to FCC guidelines and having available funds for the Funding Year 14 (07/01/11 - 6/30/12).

 

Authorize the Board Chairman and Superintendent to sign the approved Resolution for submission to Universal Service Administrative Company  (USAC).



Meeting Date(s)
Information - 11/20/2012
Consent after Information12/11/2012

Authority for Action
FS 1001.42

Involves Expenditure of Funds Directly in the Classroom
Yes

Source of Funding
Operating - Categorical

FY
Amount
Budgeted
Fund
Cost Center
Project
Function
Object
Program
2012$441,000.00YES100XXXX001002790037X000
2012$934,320.00YES100XXXX0011636500378000
2012$153,600.00YES100XXXX0011636500378000
2012$183,000.00YES1000000001002790037X000
2012$34,146.37YES1009811001163650064x000

Contact

Gino Butto,  Assistant Superintendent, Educational Technology,

Thomas Fitzgerald, District Network Engineer, Technology Coordinator, Educational Technology




Attachment:  Brevard_FY14 SR_board budget resolution.pdf